The Municipality requires that your dog is licensed every year. Dogs are to be registered on or before April 1st. Owners are required to apply for a license within 10 days of obtaining a dog. Having a tag on your dog's collar will enable the By-law Enforcement Officer to quickly return your dog to you if he or she is found somewhere outside of your property.
Registration fees are as follows:
*Note: Fees are under review as the By-Laws are reviewed in the future
- Community of Windsor:
- $10 for dogs that are spayed or neutered
- $14 for dogs that are not spayed or neutered
- Remainder of Region
- $15 for dogs spayed or neutered
- $30 for dogs that are not spayed or neutered
- $45 for kennel registrations
- $75 for life time dog tag - must have microchip & spayed or neutered
You can get your tags by visiting our office at 76 Morison Drive, Windsor during regular office hours (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm) or
by mail. Just complete the registration form found below and send it along with a cheque for the amount of the registration fee and send it to:
The Region of Windsor and West Hants Municipality
PO Box 3000 Windsor, NS, B0N 2T0
Your dog's tag(s) will be mailed to you once your form and payment are processed.
Registration forms are available at the Municipal Office or can be downloaded below.